July 24 - 27 Visiting Nicole in Minneapolis

We went to Minneapolis to visit Nicole in
her new apartment and check out her new
life. This is a picture from across Lake
Calhoun which is right across the street
from Nicole's apartment. Her building
is the short one behind the one with
the orange roof. It is such a great
location. All around the lake & just
all over Minneapolis are all kinds of
walking & biking trails plus lots
of green trees!!!

Kev found the walking trail to the local
liquor store because they do not sell liquor
in the grocery stores in Minnesota.

This is the Carlson Building that Nicole works
in. It is a really gorgeous building and the grounds
around the whole thing are just beautiful with
all kinds of flowers & trees & more walking trails.

We went for a little road trip up to Duluth to
check out Lake Superior. Wow....it's huge & it's like
looking at the ocean, you can't see the other side.
They have this really cool bridge there that raises
and lowers the road so that ships & boats can
come through .
We went exploring on Monday while Nicole
was at work. We ventured to Minnehaha Falls,
which is behind Kev & I except that there are no
falls. Minnesota is in a drought right now, which
for me was hard to believe because it is so green.

Then our tour guide (Kev) took us to St. Paul
where we wandered around the Cathedral of
St Paul. It was totally amazing. Absolutely
beautiful with all the stained glass windows,
ornate statues and of course a massive altar.
The Catholics really know how to build 'em.

Monday night we went to the Metrodome
and caught a Twins game. That was fun & now
Kev & I can cross off another stadium that
we've been to.

Super fun trip. Minnesota is really beautiful.
I think Nicole is going to totally love it there,
even when there is 4 feet of snow on the ground.
Can't wait to go back, but first she needs her own
space for awhile, right Cole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers