Meredith Runs

My friend Meredith who I met at Weight Watchers has really gotten into running.  When she was losing weight she exercised by walking, then she slowly started to do some running and now she has done 3 1/2 marathons. Last month she was doing one that was really close to the house so I jumped on my bike and went out to watch her finish.  I caught up with her about her last couple of miles.  
This is where she saw me on the side of the road.  

The end of the race, Meredith with her husband Dave
and friend Mary, who also ran.

So here's a cool part of the story.....Meredith is going to do a Ragnar race.  A Ragnar race is an all night 199 mile relay race.  You have 12 members on your team and you each do several different legs of the race.  She heard about this race through a friend and applied to be part of a team to do the race in Florida in January 2013.  Check out the link to read more. http://www.runsforcookies.com/2012/03/complete-dozen.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers