Knee Update

Since I haven't posted in a while I also haven't said anything about the new knee I am getting!!!! Yes it's true I am getting a knee replacement.  My regular doctor has just kept putting me off and finally he sent me to another orthopedic to see what he would say.  And he said that he believes that you shouldn't have to put up with pain and discomfort etc so get a replacement and if in 15-20 years it becomes bad you do it again.  Not that it would be easy by any means but why not live an active life the way I want now? Haven't I been saying that for years?  Anyways,  I was so happy to hear it.  Plus as I've known for a long time he said I am bone on bone so I am a very good candidate for replacement.

I am been busy the last few weeks since my appointment with him trying to get all the tests and clearances I need to have the surgery done.  I've run into a few snags here and there which has been frustrating but it seems to all be coming together.  I am scheduled for surgery for July 23rd.  I'll be in the hospital a couple days and then home to have some heavy duty rehab.  For the first couple weeks they come to the house 2-3 times per week and then after that I'll have to see what the Dr wants me to do and when.  It's going to be a lot of hard work but I'm actually looking forward to it cause the outcome will be awesome.  But maybe check how much I'm looking forward to it on July 24th.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers