Little Avah

The day after I wrote my post Jessi went into the emergency room with contractions that could not be stopped and after a long painful day they did a c-section and baby Avah was born.  Her due date was February 25th so she was delivered at 27.4 weeks.  She weighed in at 2.9 lbs and 14.5 inches long.  Little Avah is very tiny and has a long road ahead of her.  She will be in the hospital until her February birthday unless she just goes crazy with doing all the things that will help her to develop. She will share her birthday with her daddy, who was born on 12/14/82.

This picture was right after she was born.

Then this picture was later in the afternoon the next day and
they had already taken out her breathing tube.
Which is a good sign, she is breathing on her own.

We will have to just wait and see day by day how she develops and how well she gains weight and can tolerate all the things that are going on with her.  She gave us a couple of big stretches and movements when we were talking to her which was so cute, so she is listening and doing her best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers