Cuddling with Avah 2/01/2015

Today was a great start to a new month. Kevin and I went to the hospital to see Avah, who is now in an open incubator and getting ready to go home.  But our whole intention was not just to see her but hold her.  We got there and I was going to pick her up right away and hold her but Kev told me to wait for a nurse and let her hand her to me.  So we sat for a while and I was telling her how I was going to pick her up and hold her and so was her Papa.  Then I couldn't take it any longer, the nurse never came in so I just reached in there and picked her up.  Oh my goodness...she's so tiny!!! But it was so fun to hold her.  I've been wanting to since she was born in November but with her being 11 weeks early we weren't allowed to.  We could only just softly touch her.  So Kev and I took turns holding her and I took a handful of pictures. They are saying she may go home this week some time. She has consistently been gaining weight and is almost at 5 lbs.  
I couldn't resist taking her little beanie off and seeing her cute little outfit.  She is filling out and even getting some little chubby cheeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers