January 19 - 21, 2011 Sisters Weekend in Durango

We made it to Durango on Friday afternoon which was just in time to eat dinner and start playing cards. Pretty much sister weekend is doing whatever during the day and card playing at night. In this case we skied during the day and it was 3 great days of skiing.













The weather changed pretty quick through out the day. We just made it on one of the lifts before they closed it due to snow, thunder and lightning.













With the conditions the way they were, it was necessary to go inside to one of the restaurants up on top of the mountain for some hot chocolate. And let me tell you the hot chocolate is amazing. I don't know if its all the snow that makes it so good, but now it's a tradition, Powderhouse for hot chocolate!!!

























Saturday night we went down to the beach (that's where everyone hangs out by the outside fire pit & bar) to watch the fireworks and torch run. Unfortunately, the torch run got cancelled because of the weather, and the fireworks were hard to see.













Nic and some friends tried to give us our own torch light ceremony.





























Sunday was more more skiing with alot more snow as well.













On Monday the sun was out and the snow was awesome. After lunch Nic had the afternoon off so he went out with Janet and I and did a few runs with us. He is a ski instructor so I was getting a private lesson.














After my lesson with Nic, this is the last run I did. He says I did great, but by then I was exhausted. 3 days of skiing was definitely enough for me.













Awesome Sister Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers