We Have Walls 10/25/2015

Slowly but surely the house is getting built.  Alicia and I decided to take a drive out to see if there were any changes cause from the outside everything still looks the same.  And the last pic we got from the sales lady was this, and it looks the same.  lol  But she did tell me they are not allowed to take pics inside, I forget the reason so this was the most recent. 
Looks the same right?  Except now we have a house on the right of us being built.  And that was the other reason we went to check ours out.  Doesn't that house look like its touching ours?  It isn't, it's just the angle of the picture.  There's about as much space as there is on our left side.  It's funny cause if we had looked at these houses a few years ago there's no way we would have been ok with a 15' backyard and our neighbors so close.  But now we're ok with it.  It's the community that really sold us. 
So here's some new pics of the house with some walls.  
The kitchen bar and nook.  On that left wall is where the stove and oven go.  That opening for the closet is the pantry.
The living room.  That's the wall straight ahead that the TV will go on.  We had them wire the outlet higher so that we would mount the TV.  
That's the master shower.  You figured that out by the way I'm washing my hair right?  lol   So the shower has a bench seat and a nice little ledge on the side.  It will all be tiled.  
This is the Alicia's bathroom.  Her bathroom has a tub shower.  I like that there is a little built in shelf for shampoo, soap, whatever.  
So like I said it's getting there.  It totally looks different with walls.  And with the walls and ceilings up we did notice that they didn't put some lights where we wanted.  We are having can lights put in the kitchen, dining room, den and living room and in the living room they put them in the wrong place.  So Kev met the contractor out there a couple days after Alicia and I had been out there and noticed and he realized they weren't right and is going to fix them.  He told Kev it may just be easier to add the two where we want them and leave the others where they are rather then moving them so we may have a couple extra lights, which is fine.  But at least we'll have the two where we wanted them.  
More updates soon....I hope!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers