Granite 12/19/2015

It's so crazy how fast everything is moving now.  Another trip out to the house and we found lots of surprises.   Our granite was installed in the kitchen and both bathrooms.  We picked out this kind of gray/white speckled granite for the kitchen to go with the cabinets and floors. And you know you pick it out with this little 4x4 square so who knows how it's really going to look.  But once we saw it we loved it, especially with the subway tile back splash we picked to go with it.  The only thing left to be done in the kitchen is the appliances.  



 For the two bathrooms we picked out the same granite and it's pretty much black.  It does have a few specks of light gray in it but we really liked it as well.   In our bathroom we did top mount sinks and in Alicia's we did an under mount.  (Check me out using all the right lingo.  Oh and did you know that where the toilet goes is called a water closet?) Anyway, we are also going to have a small back splash done before they put the mirror in.

 This is the tile that is in the bottom of our shower.

 Look at that shower head!!!  I can already tell a nice hot fully flowing shower is going to be heaven.  In the shower the decorative tile in there is what is also going to be our back splash on our sink.  I love it.
 We are even decorating outside.  We decided to go with a paver driveway as well as a paver patio in the back.  I love the way it looks.  It's not done yet but there will also be pavers going from the driveway to a front porch which is going to all be pavers as well.

 And this is the color of the house.  A nice tan color with a little bit darker trim.  Much much better and or course it was the first thing Kev noticed pulling up and made that same comment.  "This is much much better, this is what I picked out."   Too funny.  Not too much longer and it will all be done and we'll be moving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers