It's a New Year

Hard to believe a new year has begun.  As of two days ago we have been in our new house for a year. It's been a year, I can't believe it.  It's funny cause Kev and I continually have the conversation about how much we love our new house.  How we don't miss our old house.  Of course we love all the memories we made in that house but where we live now came at a perfect time in our lives.  We love where we live, we love the community and love that we are making new friends.  It's also been great that we have found an activity that we love doing together too.  Until we moved here we had no idea what Pickleball was and now we are so addicted to playing as much as we can.  We did 5 tournaments in 2016 and have more coming up in this new year.  It's fun and we love playing together. Well.....I know I do, hopefully Kev feels the same lol. 

This new year will also be a great year for Kev.  He has just finished working his last Christmas at the Post Office.  It's really exciting, he's retiring April 1st!!!  No more getting up to go to work is going to be here soon.  He will then be getting up to go play Pickleball every morning like I do.  He's so excited that the end is so close.  I am too, it will be awesome having him here all the time.  Plus I really think he will feel so much better all the way around.  These last few years have been so hard.  Every summer it just seems to get hotter and hotter, plus the post office just gets harder and harder to tolerate.  He's ready.  32 1/2 years is long enough.  
He was giving me that "why are you taking my picture" look lol

So usually on the first of the year I try to decide what my resolutions or goals are going to be for the new year.  I've been giving some thought to some different things I think I should work on but more or less still thinking about it.  As always, working on losing weight is on the top of the list.  But all this will be for another post.  For now, it's a new year and I've finally written a new post for my blog.  It's been way too long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers