Undoing Christmas

I love when the house is all decorated with all kinds of Christmas decorations.  This year we had a live tree for the first time in I don't know how long.  Kev had said he wanted to start a new tradition and cut our tree down every year.  So we got a permit and went up on the rim and found our perfect tree.  It was a fun day, and as hard as it was to use a saw to cut it down and get it set up in the stand and then hang all the lights and get the decorations on, it was worth it.  We are already talking about doing it again next year and even have friends that want to join us!! 
Not only did we have our main tree, but I also put up two other trees.  An ASU tree and a snowman tree.  

So when all the trees are gone it always seems so empty.  I'm sitting here looking at some other things I need to put away.  Our holiday paintings.  Alicia and I have been to several paint nights and we had the chance to do a few different ones.  Here's some that are currently around the house.  




It will look so bare without them, without everything all around the house.  But it sure looked good when it was all out.  Until next year, Christmas is put away....almost.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers