June 30, 2021

 Today’s Pic of the Day:

Today I went to donate blood.  I’ve been trying to be a regular donor and today was an appointment I set up after my last donation.  Unfortunately, like the picture says, I had an unsuccessful draw.  I was sitting there squeezing my tube and my bag was filling up and all of a sudden I felt sick.  The workers always ask as they walk by if you’re doing ok or if you need anything and right after a girl walked by and asked if I was doing good and I said yes I felt like I was gonna be sick.  I caught the eye of another worker and told her I don’t feel good and bam everyone was Johnny on the spot.  One girl grabbed some ice packs and put them on me, then another laid my chair back and another got a fan and had it blowing on me.  They pulled out my blood draw and got me some salty pretzels and a Gatorade and just made sure I was ok.  It was crazy, it’s never happened before.  I laid there for quite a while til I felt better and then sat for another 15 minutes before I left.  I felt so bad and was embarrassed but all the girls were so awesome.  They said it happens more then you would think and that it’s no big deal.  I was bummed my donation wasn’t gonna count but I’ll go back when my time comes.  I literally went home and just crashed on the couch for hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers