July 14, 2010 Chevlon Lake

Kev had decided that he wanted to go fish at Chevlon Lake cause believe it or not, he had never been there. And there's a reason for that. We started out riding the quads about 6 miles to get to the top of the trailhead which leads to the lake. It is straight downhill, but it was a nice overcast day. We walked all the way to the bottom only to have trouble finding a place to fish but it is really beautiful down there. Then the sun came out and boy is it hot, muggy and full of bugs down there.


















































It wasn't a successful fishing lake at all, Kev caught one fish and then the clouds started to move in. We figured we better head back up the hill cause that was going to take a while, and then we still had to ride back to camp.













With all those clouds, it was bound to happen. It started out slow, but about 1/2 way up the trail it started pouring so Kev whipped out the ponchos. This was my first time wearing a rain pancho, and let me tell you, those things really work. I was pretty much dry by the time we got back to camp.

2 comments:

  1. You are rock'in that rain poncho my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know....total fashion statement right? But it was awesome. It kept me dry & warm!!!

    ReplyDelete

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers