New Knee for Me

Last post said the countdown  was on and now my surgery has already come and gone.  It's four days after my surgery.  I now have my new knee.  

The surgery itself went well, at least that's what the doctor told Kev.  It was really just another surgery for him and only took about an hour.  The preparation took longer lol.  I got poked and prodded quite a bit before I went into the surgery.  The anesthesiologist had a really hard time getting my spinal block in.  She tried 3 times and then finally asked for the head of anesthesia to help her.  I remember it hurt at different times and I also remember  the nurse asking Kev if he was ok.  lol Alicia said he turned white as could be and had to sit down.  Me,  I just cried.  

Not the most flattering pictures, but it's all part of how my morning went.  My doctor came in and met Kev and Alicia.
And then I made him hold my hand while I told Alicia to take our picture.  I guess by now I am starting to feel pretty good.  Alicia said I started to tell everyone how I got a new haircut.  That I cut my hair last night and isn't it cute?  I got a new haircut.  I was laughing when she told me this cause I honestly could see myself doing this.  A lot of people say funny stuff when they have some good drugs in them. 

Once I got to my room, Alicia and Kev came and met me there.  
I was awake pretty much the rest of the day. I had to do some breathing treatments, some leg exercises, eat my liquid lunch and also get out of bed and go walk.  I couldn't believe they got me up just hours after my surgery and had me out in the hall doing a little stroll with a walker.  


Overall my surgery was a success.  Now the real work begins.  I have a lot of rehab to do.  In fact weeks and weeks of rehab.  But in the end it should all be worth it.  I'm looking forward to getting all the hard work in to get a much better joint then I had. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers