October 11, 2021

 Today’s Pic of the Day: 



This is a hard post for me to write.  It’s actually taken me a while to be able to even do so.  Teresa died this morning just after midnight.  These last few days have included lots of emotions.  Since Teresa had come to the facility she hasn’t been awake.  Occasionally it seemed like she was listening to conversations but she never woke up or said anything.  The nurse that had been on duty the last couple nights came on and talked to Mary and Greg and told them she saw a definite difference since the night before, she actually thought Teresa wouldn’t make it through the night.  It was Mary, Greg, Colleen, Barbara, Alicia and I hanging out in the room.  We sat and played some music talked about some Teresa stories and just filled the room with love.  Around 11:30 Alicia went home and then Colleen decided to go check on the dog and cat around 12:15.  We, Mary, Greg, Barbara and I were settling in to spend the night.  Mary went down the hall to brush her teeth and I looked at Teresa and she moved a little and I went over to talk to her and she kind of opened her eyes.  I told her we were all there and we saw her and loved her.  Mary came back and I told her to come here, Teresa’s eyes are open.  Both her and Greg talked to her and then she just took her last breath.  It was so peaceful.  But so so sad.  It was final.  She was gone. 

Colleen had been struggling with not being sure if she wanted to be there when it happened and we were all convinced that Teresa waited til she was gone.  Colleen hadn’t been gone 15 mins when Teresa took her last breath.  Greg called her and she came right back.  It was hard knowing it was our last goodbye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers