March 24, 2010 Tonto National Monument

The Tonto National Monument are cliff dwellings located right across from Roosevelt Lake. When Diane was here we met this guy on the trail that was telling us about them, so I said something to Kev and on his day off we drove up to the lake to see the dwellings and then fish. There are two sets of dwellings, but you have to have reservations to go to the upper ones. We almost weren't able to get too close because they have a very active bee colony up there, but the ranger gave us the okay so we continued the hike all the way up and then got to wander around. It's pretty cool, and we hope to go back to see the other ones some day.





























































After seeing the cliff dwellings we drove around Roosevelt Lake for a while to find a place to fish. The lake is pretty full right now so we had a hard time finding shoreline to sit at and set up our chairs....today we needed a boat so we could cruise around the water. We did find a spot, Kev fished, I read and I think napped. No luck with catching anything except a few zzzzz's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers