June 2, 2013 Walmart Customer

Hard to believe that I would be saying a customer from Walmart could be a Joy in my life, but it's true.  It's not necessarily the woman herself, cause I barely talked to her but it was her actions.  Bright and early this morning I went to Walmart to do some grocery shopping cause I couldn't sleep and I knew it wouldn't matter what I looked like.  haha....that even made me chuckle.  Anyways, as I was checking out I asked the guy if they sold papers and he said there was a rack at each end of the store.  Well alot of good that does me when I am exactly at the lane in the middle.  I decide I will just go to Circle K and get one and pick up a diet coke while I am there.   But the lady behind me says, " the Sunday paper? "  So I tell her yes and what a surprise it would be for my husband if I bring one home so he doesn't have to go get one.  She says, "well if you can wait til I'm done I have some left over from my route this morning and I'll just give you one."  She had an outfit on pretty close to mine, so who would have thought that she was up all night working.  Anyways, I say no problem I will unload my groceries and meet you in the parking lot.  At 5:30 am only one door is open so I knew she would be going out the same door as me.  I put my groceries in the car, she comes out with hers and I walk over to her car and she hands me a Sunday paper still in the bag.  I walked away feeling like she just performed her random act of kindness for the day and besides the paper I received for free, it made my day to have a nice Walmart customer do that for me.  It doesn't take alot to make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers