October 4-11, 2018 Babysitting Twins

Alicia’s friend Magui was getting married in Hawaii.  While she was still pregnant she asked me if we would watch the babies so they could go to the wedding and also add on some extra days so they could have a little bit of a honeymoon for themselves.  We said yes of course, although I think it was on the face time we had on day three Kev said, “I really hate you guys right now.”  He was kidding of course but realized how much work having twins was and also a little jealous, they were in Hawaii.  It was such a fun week.  And I’ll say it again, they are a lot of work.  It was funny cause at one point Kev said what happened to them eating and sleeping?  And he asked that cause we had kept the girls overnight a couple times before this and that’s all they did, but they were smaller.  Now they get bored so you have to keep them moving. First they’re in their chair, then we move them to the floor, then a swing, now a boppy, oh let’s go back to the chair......and so on.  Hence Kev saying they’re a lot of work.  But we really loved having them and they really are good babies.  A couple nights they even slept thru the night.

We went outside and just sat and enjoyed some fresh air.  



Lainey was all smiles when she was sitting in the bouncer, but when I put her in the seat to sit up she lost it.  Poor baby, but cute pic. lol

We had baby stuff everywhere.  You never know what they are going to want next to keep them occupied.  


 Check out Kev watching the babies, he's sleeping, Lainey is looking at herself in the mirror and Emery has taken over my chair and blanket. 

I took them for walks every day, usually twice a day.  They loved the fresh air and getting out and it gave me a chance to give them something else to do.  

Time for them to sit in their chairs

 Not its time to sit on boppies
  Now it's time to fall asleep lol

They really were so good all weekend.  We loved having them and I'm sure it's the first of many sleepovers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers