September 28 - 30, 2018 Girls Trip

This was our 4th annual trip.  We had said we wanted to meet up every year and so far we have been staying on track.  It’s my group of friend I went to high school with and we are all still friends.  We don’t see each other much or even talk regularly, but every year we pick up where we left off.  It’s always a fun time. This year we went to Steamboat Springs in Colorado.  We flew into Denver and then drove up there which is a little over 3 hours away.  My one friend Chag had a friend that had a four bedroom four bath condo that we stayed in.  It was a great place with lots of room for all of us and in a nice community not far from anything we wanted to do all weekend. We actually did a lot of relaxing and just hanging out but did have the occasional trip out to go do something.

Our first outing was a trip into town to walk around and do some shopping.  It’s a cute downtown area that we enjoyed walking around.  We had to stop at our new favorite store, Kum & Go,  on the way back to the condo for some ice.  With a name like that you know there were some remarks to go with it.







We had a great day the next day.  We went for a really pretty hike.  It wasn’t real hard or long but we saw some great scenery with the trees changing colors and a mice waterfall.  It was my first time hiking and it felt good to be out on a trail.  I didn’t have any problems which I was happy about as well.








After our hike we went back to the condo for lunch and then went out to some hot springs.  It was my first time at some hot springs and it was cool.  This place had a whole little village down there with different pools of springs.  Each pool seemed to have different temperatures.  All hot but some hotter then others.  It was nice and relaxing.







Our final full day in Steamboat we did another hike just outside of town.  I guess it was more of a walk.  They have this walking trail that goes all thru the outside of town and then goes all the way to the ski resort where we were staying.  We actually dove to the part closest to town and then had lunch at a nice little pizza place.

Our last day was just getting everything together and packing.  Once we drove back into Denver we stopped downtown for a little bit, had something to eat and then headed to the airport. Fun weekend. We’ll see where we go next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers