October 14, 2020 Animals on the Walking Path

Over by the Gilbert Riparian there is a great walking path that goes along the canal and along the path there is a house that has all kinds of animals at it with a little shack that has all kinds of food. So the owner of the house puts food out so that people can come along and feed the animals. There are donkeys and goats and chickens and horses and cows and pigs and maybe others I can’t remember. But it is the cutest thing that he makes this available cause it’s like a little petting zoo.

I had gone to walk the path a couple weeks ago and came home and told Alicia about the little animal section. So we had agreed that we definitely had to take the kids there so that they could feed the animals. We had picked the day and we met at the Riparian and then went over and let the kids feed the animals. It was so cute how they would just reach in there and grab carrots and melon and pellets whatever was in any of the buckets they would just reach in and go up to the fence and feed whatever animals would come to them.













It was such a treat for them to get so close to the animals and be able to experience feeding them. They absolutely loved it and it was hard to get them away from them. After we fed the animals we sat and had a little picnic breakfast.  



After we ate, Alicia and I took them for a walk down the canal path.  When we came back closer to where the car was we actually walked through the Riparian and let the girls get out of the stroller and walk and check out all the birds and ducks that are all along the way on the path. It’s something we will do again and especially now that the weather is getting nicer we can go for walks and the girls will love to go feed  the animals.









No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers