October 19, 2020 Mini Pickleball Tournament

A friend of mine I know from playing pickleball had decided to set up a mini tournament to be played at the new Gilbert courts. She was putting together 14 teams of ladies to play a round robin. What’s the round robin was completed the top eight teams would play in a bracket to get down to the top three teams.  It was going to cost each person five dollars and the top two teams were going to win some money and the third-place team would get their money back. It was really a lot of fun, some good competition, and a great day to get out there and play some competitive pickleball. My partner for the day was Sheila, who I’ve played with before in a tournament as well as some other round robins that I’ve gone to. We didn’t play all that well together, although we were one of the top eight teams but lost once we got into the bracket finals.




No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers