September 3, 2009 Hiking Sandy's Canyon

There are a few sections of the Arizona Trail that Kev & I have hiked. Part of the trail goes through Sandy's Canyon in Flagstaff.

It is one of our favorite hikes that Kev & I like to do. We have hiked it several times and just love the scenery as well as the overall hike itself. There are several different options to the hike depending on how long you want to hike, or where you want to go. Today, we just hiked to the base of Fisher Pointe and then back, about a 2 hour round trip.





This is Fisher Pointe. You can hike to the top of this mountain, which we have done before, but just went to the base today. And it was a good thing we didn't hike up because just as we reached the truck at the end of the hike it started to pour and it rained for a few hours. Had we still been hiking, we would have been soaked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers