September 6, 2009 Fishing at Upper Lake Mary

What's a camping trip without doing some fishing? Paul & Rachel wanted to go fishing while they were up camping with us, so we went to Upper Lake Mary. You can see the three of them choosing what to get for hooks & bait out of the tackle box as I, once again took pictures & read.
Rachel really had to work on getting her line to cast right. Several times she would throw it out there just to have it land right in front of her. When he was looking for some snacks, I said to Paul why didn't you bring them with you and he said, "I brought the entertainment." We did have some pretty good laughs, but she never gave up and pretty much mastered it.
Only to catch a ton of weeds!!!
Paul caught his share of weeds as well.
But then he declared himself the winner by being the only one to catch a fish. Can you see this fish? It is actually smaller then the lure he was using. Poor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers