December 11, 2010 Tamale Making

Tamale making at Grandma's is an annual event. And according to Grandma this is not a joke, it's serious business!! It all starts with the meat preparation the day before and then the day of, you have to get the masa just right. It takes alot of mixing and whipping, all by hand. Now that you know we all have our hands in it, you might not want to eat them.

























Theresa wanted to add her own ingredient to the meat.













Clean up duty is also a part of the day.













Of course the finished product is what it's all about!!!

1 comment:

  1. looks like fun and an awesome finished product! Yummmm!!

    ReplyDelete

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers