May 17-18, 2020 Testing out the Trailer

It was officially our first outing in the trailer.  At least our first outing together.  Kev had taken up the trailer last week with his friend Mark to get it all set up while they were turkey hunting for a couple days. Today we took up the quads so that we would have them up at the campsite and be able to put them in the trailer for the summer if we move from spot to spot. We not only wanted to take the quads up to the trailer but we needed to make some lists of what we still needed in the trailer. When we sold our old one, we sold it with everything in it as far as the dishes pots and pans and a few other things like that. We really didn’t know when we sold it if we would ever get another one because we just weren’t sure, but we’re glad we did because we really missed not having one when we did go camping. We figured a trip to Walmart is all we need to get stocked up on the things that we like to keep inside.That first day we went up we really just hung out at camp and since we have the quads we went out for a nice quad ride and then later went elking that night in the truck.  Kev decided to park the trailer at a new spot, not too far from where we normally camp but just on a different road about 5 miles farther from where we use to go.
When we went and looked at the trailer at the time we bought it, the front part which is a pop up, was not open so this is the first time we had seen it all set up. That pop up is another bed area to sleep in and that’s where we slept that night.




The next day it was supposed to be really windy up there so once we got up and had breakfast Kev said let’s go for a short quad ride before it gets too windy. It’s funny because whenever we go out for a ride whether it’s on the quads or in the truck Kev can take road after road after road and we still will end up back at camp. It always amazes me how he knew the roads up north so well and how to get from one to another and then another and yet come back at camp. Well… This was a new area and Kev was not as familiar with the roads as he normally is. Our short quad ride ended up being closer to 4 1/2 hours because the roads that we rode on didn’t end up meeting up with the roads he thought they would and we ended up a lot farther away from camp than he thought we would. We actually kept riding and had to take a main road out to the highway and cross the highway and go get gas because we were going to run out before we would make it back to camp.  We weren’t totally lost, it’s just that the roads that Kevin was looking for we never came upon so we had to take a really long way back to camp. And that wind that we thought was going to come sure ended up kicking in towards the end of our ride.
 This is just a little bit of the dirt that was getting kicked up not only because it was dusty but because of the wind and towards the end no matter how far I pulled back I couldn’t avoid all the dust that was coming up from Kev’s quad.

I always wear a gaiter when we ride because it does help keep the dust out of my mouth and nose and just makes it easier to breathe. But even with that when we get back to camp I am just a dusty mess.







No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers