May 26, 2020 Camping

Since we left the trailer up in a camping spot we decided to go back up north since it was going to be 110* for a couple days.  We stopped in Payson on our way up and went to a park in town that has some new Pickleball courts.  No one was there to play so we did some drills for about an hour.
Once we left Payson we went to our spot and hung out.  After a while we headed to Woods Canyon Lake so Kev could fish and then we could go elking back behind Woods Canyon.  The fish just weren’t biting but still a beautiful day out at the lake.  I always love finding and watching the eagle that is up there. 




The next day we went for a quad ride and over to Willow Springs for more fishing.  Still no fish, just basically relaxing at the lake.  I actually walked at each lake while Kev fished.  After the lake we  decided to take a road trip to Showlow to check out the new Pickleball courts they have there.  We are going to do some camping near there so thought it would be fun to see where they were.  Funny thing, we pull in the parking lot and see two people playing and Kev says, “good, there’s some people we can play.”  And I say, “we know them!”  Sure enough once we get next to the courts we realize it’s some friends from Apache Junction.  They just moved their motor home up there for the summer the day before.  We played some games together and talked about seeing them again once we camp closer to them later this month.  




We ended up moving our trailer over behind Woods Canyon Lake to an old camping spot Friday morning.  We had been at the other spot for 14 days and the camp host had come by on Wednesday to say he knew our 14 days were up, so we needed to move.  We are all set up there for the next time we go up.  










No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers