Since the trailer was already up on the rim, Kev wanted to go up and spend the night. It only took us about 1 hr and 45 minutes to get up there and the next day was his day off.
We drove a short distance from camp on our quads and found this road that is now closed. We decided to park the quads and just take off for a hike. The farther we got down the road the more curious Kev got to see where the road ended up.
So there we were walking in the woods. We are about 5 miles into our hike and Kev stops and says "hey, there's a bear". Now you know Kev likes to joke and scare so I say "where's a bear?". Never thinking there's really a bear. Low and behold, there's a bear across the meadow. Click on the picture, you can see him. I'm thinking, so do we start running, what do we do? Kev is all calm and we just stand there and watch it walk in the opposite direction.
We were trying to find out where the road ended up but decided that it was time to turn around. No need to feed the bear, seeing the bear was enough!!!
- Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often
- As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.
- ► 2015 (25)
- ► 2014 (31)
- ► 2013 (40)
- ► 2012 (147)
- ► 2011 (350)
- June 27, 2010 Camp Activities
- June 26, 2010 My Favorite Hiking Trail
- June 25, 2010 Camp Visitors
- June 23, 2010 Diamondbacks Game
- June 22, 2010 Bowling
- June 20, 2010 Father's Day
- June 18, 2010 The Bowling Stones
- June 17, 2010 The Bear
- June 5, 2010 Amy & JD's Wedding in Greer
- June 1 - 4, 2010 Hiking
- June 2010 First Summer Camping Trip
- May 28, 2010 Lianna's Graduation Party
- ▼ June (12)