June 21, 2012 Alicia's Knee Surgery

Alicia was finally having knee surgery to hopefully get rid of the pain she has had in her knee for years.  It is all a result of Osgood Schlatters (google it...lol)  We had to be at the hospital at 7:00 am and her surgery was scheduled for 9:30.  Of course there's all that prep stuff you have to do, first the paperwork, meet with the pre-op nurse and get the IV etc, meet with the Dr so he can discuss what he's going to do, then meet with the Anesthesiologist so you know who is putting you under.  I got pictures of it all along the way.  The surgery took about an hour, she was in recovery for about an hour and then was sent home.  But before being sent home she had a few....."I'm gonna be sick" moments.  Didn't happen, until she got home.  Overall, a good surgery and hopefully a speedy recovery.
All relaxed, waiting to check in.  
Dr Levine going through what is going to happen.
The pre-op nurse Barry.  
The Anesthesiologist 
This was the chunk of bone Dr Levine found inside,
which explains all her pain.  It is about the size of a quarter.
Getting ready to go home.  Looking good, but feeling a little green.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers