August 26, 2010 Hiking in Flagstaff

Started out we thought we would do just a couple hour, short hike. It was a nice day, but then again, when isn't it nice in Flagstaff? Plus we decided we were going to try some new trails. We had already done our favorite one, Sandy's Canyon the day before. Notice the sign markers say the length of each trail or how far to the next one, all short distances.













We decide to take the Fat Man's Loop, Kev thinks it's named after him. Now notice here there is no mention of how long the loop is.













Kev's take on the whole Fat Man's Loop hike.....thumbs down. It was long & tough with alot of up hill and rocks and very little shade. Hence the cool hat!!!





































Trying to get Kev to stop so I could eat was torture. He kept saying right around this corner there's some tree stumps and shade. Lies. He just kept hiking and hiking and I kept crying, I need food, please feed me!!!! But after about 4 hours including stopping for lunch and hiking between 9-10 miles we had finished our short little hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers