November 19, 2010 Day One of the 3 Day

Day one of the 3 Day started at Del Mar Fairgrounds. The whole walk in San Diego is just awesome. So many great views and usually perfect weather (more on that on Day two & three). It was a nice overcast day so you couldn't beat it, not too hot, not too cold, just a great day for a walk. We arrived right on time for the opening ceremonies walk through with tons of cheering people and the beginning of the route.
















All along the route there are people cheering you on and some are even dressed up. Plus there are people that just continue to drive all through the route honking and yelling. It is so awesome. La Jolla actually decorates all down the street with signs and balloons, it is all so welcoming and supportive.

















































At Lunch we like to sit and take our shoes and socks off and relax for a while. We found a bench right on the boardwalk over looking the ocean. Great view, nice needed sit down time and then we put on fresh socks and get back to it.













Jan and I got seperated for a little while and we caught up at the next pit stop. I didn't know it but she was really hurting. She wasn't feeling good, and she was struggling a little with the whole walk. But being the trooper she is, she rallied and we kept going and made it to the end of Day One.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers