December 30, 2020 200 Miles

I knew I was going to be able to reach 200 miles for the 100 Miles in 100 Days hiking challenge since I had reached my first 100 miles in November and the challenge runs til February 8th. I had said last year I wanted to hit 200 but then I secretly thought I’d like to reach 300.  Since my miles were adding up I decided that I wanted to reach the 200 mark by the end of the year.  When I started out for my hike today I had 191.52 in the books so I either had to do a long hike today or do one today and then another one tomorrow.  Once I started going I decided to do a long one today.  I ended up hiking 8.84 miles which just put me over the 200 mark.  While I was out hiking I stopped a few times and took some pictures so that I would have something to post about my 200 miles.  It was funny cause I was using the timer and propping the phone up on rocks and benches, whatever I could use to get a picture taken.  Here’s the one I decided to use. 
I have to say I am super happy with my mileage this far.  I’ve totally enjoyed getting out and putting my earbuds in and listening to some books or music and just going.  It’s great exercise and although sometimes the trails are hard it’s relaxing for me to be out there.  

Here’s the collage I put together of the map and trails I hiked to submit for the challenge.  Bring on the next 100 miles!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers