August 14-19, 2017 Couer d’Alene

We made it to Idaho. The purpose of our trip, sort of.  lol  We have been seeing some great places and sights so I think the Pickleball Tournamnet was a bonus.  One more night of camping and then a few nights in a bed and shower every day. Yipeee
We were waiting for Kevin Brooks and his wife to get to town so Kev and I explored a little around town as well as the park where the tournament was going to be.  I decided to play women's doubles and just picked up a random partner so I was going to the park to meet her as well.
 This is one of my favorite vacation pictures, it's so Kev.
Once the Brooks were in town we headed to his parents house.  We met his mom and dad and they are such nice people.  His mom was thrilled to have us there and was all about making sure we had a nice stay that included comfy beds and home cooked meals.  Plus happy hour on the porch every night.  And of course I can't forget about the deer that were always around.  These are in the front and back yard of their house. 


Kevin Brooks took us out the next day and gave us a tour around town and the lake.  Saw some sights and then had a great lunch at a hotel right on the water by the lake.  Tomorrow was women’s day at the tournament.




My partner Ana Marie played great all day.  It was crazy how well we were figuring out how to play with each other.  It was fun, we played a lot of games and ended up winning a silver medal.  Not too bad for being random partners.



Kev and I played mixed the next day.  Another long day with lots of good hard games.  We played great but just couldn’t pull it out.  So close to the gold but ended up with a silver medal.  It was the biggest tournament we had played in with 35 teams in our bracket.


Kev and Kevin played awesome together as well. So close but no medals for them this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers