August 21, 2017 Road Trip

Everyone has already forgotten about it, but August 21st last year was the Solar Eclipse.  It was talked about all the time and every where you went, especially where we were which was right in the total eclipse path.  Kev kept saying, whatever it's the eclipse I'm not going out of my way to see it.  So we really had to plans to make sure that we did.  But here we were driving towards the coast and there were people pulled off to the side of the road everywhere you looked, especially in farm fields.  And I'm talking ALOT of people.  So we came across this airplane museum that had a ton of cars parked all in the field and just waiting.  Kev was like ok, what the hell.  So we pulled in and the parking lot attendant asked if we had tickets and we said no, he said do you have glasses and we said no and he was like.......ok here's some glasses go find a place to park.  So we went to park and then Kev was like I do not want to get stuck here with all these people when it's over trying to get out.  So we took our free glasses and drove to the cornfield and parked.


But then while we were waiting, security came along and said we couldn't park there.  So we took our free glasses and drove down the road, pulled into a McDonald's parking lot with a bunch of other people and waited.  
                                                           And then this happened.  
I gotta tell ya, it was cool.  Even Kev will admit that it was and he was glad we pulled over to check it out.  This was 10:17 am.  

Then we got back on the road and headed for the coast.  The traffic coming from the shore line was horrible.  We were so glad to be going the other way.  And sad for the people that drove to the coast to watch the Eclipse by the ocean cause the fog was so bad that they couldn't see anything.  It was even hard to see the water at parts driving along the coast cause it was so thick.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers