August 1-3, 2017 Road Trip

I don't even know where to start.  This is going to be a hard post since Kev and I were gone 5 1/2 weeks and we saw so many great sights.  It all started with the fact that we were registered for a Pickleball Tournament in Coeur d'Alene Idaho.  Kevin Brooks parents live there so he talked Kev into doing the tournament with him and then Kev and I would play together as well.  So based on the fact that we were going there Kev got the map out and decided we would make a 6 week trip out of it and hit some National Parks and other sights we have wanted to see.   We were planning on camping alot of the trip and then would occasionally get a hotel room here and there.  And then when we got to Idaho we stayed with Kevin Brooks at his parents house.

Of course we started in Arizona....lol But our first camp was up near the north rim of the grand canyon which was on our way to our next stop, Utah and Zion National Park.  




Zion was amazing.  The huge rocks and colors were just gorgeous.  There are all kinds or trails around there to hike as well.  So we did do a few short trails to check out some other views as well, and there are so many more trails I'd like to go back and do someday.  It is a beautiful drive seeing the sights and then you catch a bus that takes you back farther into the park for more views. Cars are not allowed back on these roads so you have the chance to jump on or off throughout the ride to look around and explore or go out and hike some trails.  








 The clouds started moving in and wow, how cool they all looked over the massive rocks.  Once it started raining alot of waterfalls were happening all through the park off of different rocks.  




After Zion we went to Bryce Canyon.  The rock formations are really cool looking and such great color.  Both Kev and I liked Zion better but to see Bryce Canyon was awesome.  












No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers