August 24, 2017 Road Trip comes to and End

We couldn't decide, do we stay on the drive along the coast or do we keep going inland.  We decided to go inland.  We figured we'd got to Yosemite National Park and see it again.  We had been there in the past and loved it and knew there were some hikes we hadn't done so we could do a few of those.
Well.......we should have stayed coastline.  Yosemite was so crowded, it was annoying.  There was no where to park near any trail heads and we thought we would park and take the shuttle around but that was going thru the park.  We literally drove a long way up thru the park and back down again and I'm going to guess it was over an hour drive and we saw the same people waiting for the shuttle when we went up the road and then back down.  It was really disappointing cause we wanted to get out but couldn't and then thought we should have stayed by the coast.  Plus the smoke was again kind of thick so Kev said I don't want to camp again in this so let's just head home.  He drove straight through all the way home.  Don't get me wrong, Yosemite is beautiful but we couldn't do anything we wanted.

  






Well there it is our Road Trip of 2017.  It was such a great trip.  The first time that Kev didn't have to worry about coming home from vacation and having to go to work.  His first summer of not having to work in that nasty 100+ degree heat.  We loved it and would probably do it again, not to the same places but a road trip where we camp here and there and hotel every once in a while.  And best news, we didn't kill each other, plus I got all kinds of stamps in my National Parks Passport book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers