August 9-11, 2017 Road Trip

Out of the blue, our road trip took a huge detour.  We have friends that live in Canada and they had seen some of the posts of our trip and made a comment, "drive 10 more hours and come see us."  Well you know what that means to Kev.  So we did.  And I don't know why but I didn't take any pictures along the way.  Maybe cause the only thing to see was farms.  Thousands and thousands of acres and hours and hours or driving thru farms.   We actually got worried that we made a bad choice cause it felt like we were never going to get there. The Kelly's actually are farmers when they are not at Encanterra in the winter.  I remember texting Tammy on our way there and asked her address and she said drive thru town (which has a gas station and a general store) and pass the railroad tracks and our house is on the left.  Oh boy....we were hoping it was that easy to find.   But alas, we made it.  What a beautiful place.  Their house property has of course lots of acreage as well as some silos, farming equipment and a pickleball court.  It was really fun spending time with them and learning about farms as well as playing every morning and every night. 




When we left the Kelly's we decided to go to Banff which is also in Canada.  Not close to them but someplace we decided we wanted to see and it was on our way to where we needed to be, which is Idaho for the tournament.  Banff was a pretty ski resort town that had beautiful views, lakes and resorts.  













No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers