August 22-23, 2017 Road Trip

Driving down the coast we were looking for a place to stay.  We were not at a spot where we could camp so it was time to get a room again.  We found this cute little place that sat on a lake.  The room was great and in the morning Kev got up and went down to the little dock they had and tried to do some fishing.
 


No luck fishing so we packed up again and continued down the coast.  It was still so foggy it was again hard to see the water.  And then we were thinking it may be a combination of fog plus smoke from some of the wildfires.


One place that we knew we wanted to see on the way home was the big redwoods.  Those big trees are just amazing.  Our first stop to see them was Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park.  
 







Funny story about our next place.  Kev had read about this place called Crescent City, CA.  It was on his list of places he wanted to retire.  It's in northern CA and near the ocean and blah blah blah.  So it's on our list of places we are going to go on our road trip and we are planning to stay there for a few days so we can really check it out and explore.  Not a long story, but even shorter is the fact that we saw the town and sights in a few hours and when we got up the next day Kev was like, let's just keep going.  Crescent City is pretty much a dump.  It's just old and run down and not really much of anything to do. 
But we did do a small hike along the water to a small lighthouse.  




We were on our way to more redwoods.  Humboldt Redwoods State Park.  



Then after we drive out Kev sees this sign that says "Drive Thru a Tree"  and of course he wants to do it.  Get this, you have to pay.  So he asks the guy if he'll be able to make it thru and the guy says yeah drive carefully,  and takes our $7.00.  

 Check it out......

 That was as far as he got.  He basically was getting stuck.  We have a little scratch where he scraped the tree.  So he just backed out and then he drove up a tree instead. 
Then they had these cool carvings from trees on the property as well.  So these are my $7.00 pictures.

Another one of my vacation favorite pics.  Kev and his new friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers