April 7, 2018 Alicia’s Baby Shower

It has been a busy 4 months.  From the time Alicia got engaged we planned and had a bridal shower, planned and had a wedding, and now we have planned and had a baby shower.  The only thing left will be when the babies come.  But today it was all about her and her babies.  We decided to do the shower at her house so that it would be easy for us to not have to transport all the decorations, food and presents.  Plus she worked really hard on getting the babies room ready she wanted to be able to show it off.  Her house wasn’t big enough to have everyone inside so we rented a party tent and some chairs and tables.  The night before the tent was delivered and then Kev came over to help set up the tables and chairs.  Plus he set up some overflow tarps so there was enough shade in the yard.  Later that night Kimi and Gini came over and went to town decorating.  It was awesome.  Initially Alicia was worried it wouldn’t look good cause her backyard is all dirt but between the tent and all the decorations it looked amazing.  It was just what she wanted.  And boy did she make out with all the gifts she received.  So amazing how generous people were.  Plus I did a diaper raffle, so for anyone that brought a box of diapers for her they went in a raffle drawing for a great gift basket.  So that gave her a start to a good diaper supply.













The cake of course was from her favorite place, Get Baked Cakes, and as always it was delicious.  I had to pick up the cake a few days before the shower and put it in the fridge and was a nervous wreck with it being in there.  Every time Kev went in the fridge I went in to make sure nothing moved and fell on it....the pressure!!!


After all the gifts were open Arnold’s sister gave her a box.  It was from Arnold.  He has been working out in California so this was a surprise to her.  Inside the box was two quilts that he had made all by himself.  He cut the squares and sewed them all together.  He worked on it during his lunch breaks at work and while he was sitting in his hotel room at night.  He sent a note with it and it made Alicia cry.  Then she pulled out the quilts and explained where they came from and that made other people cry.  It was really touching.  Funny thing is they always thought the babies were gonna be boys so when he got all the material he basically got boy prints.  Once they found out they were girls he had already done too much work to start over.


The whole day was so awesome.  She was so happy and excited about all the stuff she got.  Of course we sat and went through everything once everyone left.  



And the decorations were awesome.  I had help making diaper cakes from her friends Laura, Megan and Kimi and then like I said Kimi and Gini went to town hanging all kinds of decorations around the yard.  





And the twins room is so cute.  Alicia wanted it done before the shower so everyone could see it.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers