February 9-11, 2018 The Encanterra Cup

There is an annual golf tournament here called the Encanterra Cup.  It is a competition between the USA and Canada. Neither Kev or I play in it but we have lots of friends that do and it’s a big event weekend here.  We like to watch all the festivities and cheer people on no matter which team they play for.  It starts out with the two teams having a parade with their golf carts decorated and they end up at the 18th hole if the course.  There the two teams have a relay contest for the 17th and 18th hole. The team with the fastest team wins.  They play a women’s round and men’s round.  I honestly don’t remember who won but it sure was fun to watch.  The next two days is the actual tournament.  We have friends that live on the 14th green so they have a party at their house for all of us to watch and cheer for everyone coming thru.  We are like the 16th hole at the Phoenix Open.  We cheer, yell out names, ring bells, shout for the country they represent and of course pass out Jell-O shots. It’s a great time and al the golfers look forward to hearing us cheer for them.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers