July 19, 2018 Camping

It had only been a couple weeks since the babies were home and Alicia and Arnold were killing it with taking care of them and themselves.  I was barely needed lol  Kev wanted to go camping so since they were in good shape and since I was going to be having knee surgery soon we decided to go up on the rim for a few days.  Since we no longer have our trailer we were back to tenting it.  The weather was great up there, not too cold at night and super nice during the day.  We were getting some afternoon storms and that always makes it nice and clean and great to ride our quads after cause then there isn't any dust.  We only had two small problems.  The 2nd night we were there the thunder and lightning that was going on lasted for hours, and I'll be honest I got scared.  I kept asking Kev, should we go sit in the truck, do you think we're gonna get hit by lightning?  It was crazy.  Once it started raining the lightning and thunder stopped and then the rain was actually soothing to listen to and then I could go to sleep.  Other problem was that my quad broke down.  We were out for a nice ride and were a good 5 miles from camp.  Kev had to pee, so we stopped and I turned off my quad and then we couldn't get it started again.  It was such a pain.  So he decided to tow me back to camp, which isn't a big deal except we had come down this one hill that had quite a few ruts and rocks in the way and he wasn't sure we'd make it back up.  So we decided to try.  Just before we started up the hill Kev says, if you have any problems, just jump off.  Ok.....great.   Well we made it up and at the top stopped for some high fives and then just kept going all the way to camp.






No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers