July 21, 2018 Antelope Canyon

We really didn’t make any travel plans for the summer because of Alicia having the twins.  Even though she was due in July with twins there was a good chance they would come early.  So Kev planned a little 3 day get away.  All the years we have both lived in Arizona but neither of us had ever seen Antelope Canyon so he made that our main destination.  He made our reservations so we knew when we were going there  and then what we would do on the way there and then after.

First stop was Horseshoe Bend.





Once we left Horseshoe Bend we headed to Antelope Canyon.  We had reservations so we checked in and waited for our guide and our group to be called.  Once it was our turn we all went together and walked thru the canyon as a group as well.  It takes about an hour & 1/2 to walk through and see it and take pictures.  It is so pretty and cool to see.  We loved it.  We were at the lower canyon and there’s an upper canyon so we would go back and do the upper as well just so we can say we’ve been to both and compare the two.
















We then drove to Lake Powell and checked it out and then camped not too far from there in a spot we found tucked away off a forest road.  There was a lot of people camping by the lake and I just didn’t want to be around everyone else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers