June 29, 2018 TWINS!!!!

It’s babies day!!! Oh how exciting the day has arrived.  Alicia had an appointment with the Dr because she had to do a 24 hour pee test.  The day before she had gone to the Dr and they said there was too much protein in her pee, hence the pee test.  She went to the Dr and the Dr was not happy with the test results so they sent her to the hospital.  She called me from the hospital to tell me what was going on, she said I may be here for a couple hours or even overnight I don’t know.  So I told her I’d just come down. Once I got there they were talking how she basically had preclampcia plus her blood pressure was high and now that the babies were on monitors baby A’s heart rate kept dropping. So after a short time the decided that it was babies day.  It was best for everyone, especially the twins.   So after waiting a few hours, they wanted 8 hours from the last time she ate, they decided it was time even though it wasn’t 8 hours, Baby A’s heart rate keeps going up and down.  So it was time!!
Kev had come down and of course Arnold was there and we were all excited that the twins would be here soon.

Since Alicia was have a C-Section only one person was allowed to go in, so Arnold was in there during the surgery.  
The scales show each baby’s weight. 
                                             

When they were taking them to the special care unit Kev and I got to see them right away.  OMG two little baby girls.  Right now their names were Baby A and Baby B.  They had the names Lainey and Emery picked out but didn’t know yet who was who.  
                                               
When we came out of the SCU Arnold went to check to see where Alicia was cause they had said they were finishing up and going to close her up so Arnold went ahead and came out with the babies. We waited for a while and finally 3 people came up and started talking to us and said they were from the hospital care unit and then the guy says “I’m chaplain Kevin.”   WTF what’s happening right now? My heart just sank.  So finally they say that she had some problems but was doing good and if we needed anything let them know.  We all sat there with our jaws on the ground and the head nurse must have realized cause she came over and said I’ll be back I’ll go find out what’s going on.  Evidently once Alicia was all closed up and they were moving her onto the bed she started hemorrhaging really bad.  They were having trouble getting the bleeding to stop so they had to give her a few transfusions since she lost so much blood and then her blood pressure was out of control.  The nurse assured us she talked to her to let her know what was up and told us she was fine and would be ok and out soon.  It was crazy and I don’t agree with their hospital method of sending a chaplain over to talk to us, that just scared us.
So once Alicia got in the recovery room they were working hard to get her bleeding to stop which meant them pushing on her belly every 15 minutes which I know hurt like hell plus they needed to get her blood pressure down.  It was like 180/120.  It took a while and all she kept saying was can I please have some ice chips, it’s all she wanted.
Once she got her ice chips and some water she was feeling better......but not for long.  She ended up getting sick and throwing up several times.  She got moved to a room and on the way to her room she finally got to hold her babies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers