July 22, 2018 Zion and North Rim

The morning after Antelope Canyon we got up and headed to Zion National Park.  We were just there last summer but it’s really pretty and not far from where we were and where we headed which was the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  When we got to Zion we were going to do some hiking and my stomach was really upset so we skipped it.  We did drive around plus we took the shuttle bus through just to take in all the pretty sights. Once we left there we headed to the canyon.






 


The North Rim is really pretty.  I have only been there one other time but it was dark so I never really got to see what Kev and I were going to be checking out.  We walked a few small trails to get different views of the canyon and take some pictures.  It was a great sight seeing all the colors and rocks of the canyon.  We both think the North Rim is prettier.









When we left the canyon we found a great spot in the pines to camp.  But oh boy was it cold. Kev and I could just not get warm.  It was crazy.  We finally got up at like 4am to go sit in the truck with the heat on.  Once we got on the road we were going to camp over by Lake Mary but all the forest roads  were being closed due to fires so we just headed home. It was a great little get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers