March 19, 2020 Eli’s Helmet

Poor baby Eli needed a helmet for his head shaping. He has favored the one side of his head, the right side,  since he was born and always laid on it leaned on just the right side.  Alicia would try to turn him and roll him and he still would go back to the right side and lay on that side which in turn has caused him to have a flat side of his head.

First he had to have a scan of his head so they could make the helmet.

 Then when the helmet came in they had to make sure it fitted him properly. 
They had to do adjustments depending on what the measurements were 
inside his helmet and where he needed the pressure points needed to be.


 Alicia ordered the helmet in just the plain white because 
she found these really cute stickers to put on it. 


He started out wearing the helmet one hour on one hour off. Then it went to two hours on two hours off. And also he would not wear it for naps or for night sleeping. But then he worked his way up and now wears it for 23 hours a day and only has it off an hour. That hour is usually when he has his bath and last bottle before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers