April 30, 2020 Yvonne’s Morning Pickleball

Since today was Yvonne's birthday her only request was to play Pickleball.  We only have four courts to play on and they are first come first serve.  This time of year with it being so hot everyone wants to play first thing in the morning.  The last few days the courts have been full by 6:00 am so we decided we needed to play at 5:30 so we could get a court.  Lyn, one of the girls I play with, doesn’t like to play when it gets warm so the earlier the better.  I wanted to decorate the court for Yvonne so Lyn, Linda and I met down at the courts at 5:15, one to decorate and two, to make sure we got one of the four courts.  It was still dark when I got up but I dragged myself out of bed and down to the courts.  We put some signs and ribbons around the court and Yvonne was surprised when she saw it all.  It was really funny cause Linda gave her a gift bag that had two rolls of toilet paper in it and then I gave her a mini hand sanitizer I just got yesterday from Bath & Body Works.  We ended up playing pickle for 3 hours and just had a great morning considering it was going to be the highlight of her stay at home birthday.
Oh and notice in the pictures that the sun isn’t even up yet. lol









No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers