November 1, 2019 100 Miles in 100 Days Kickoff

I signed up for a hiking challenge that was taking part in Maricopa county parks. It was called the 100 miles in 100 days. It was free to sign up and if you completed the challenge you got a T-shirt. You have to either log all your miles in a logbook and have it signed off at one of the park offices or you could keep a log online, but by doing that you had to send a picture of the trail you did and a picture of the map showing the mileage that you did. I have decided that this was the way I was going to go as far as doing it online. The kick off was November 1 at San Tan Regional Park. Kev said he wanted to go with me and I told him that I could sign him up and we could go and hike together and he could also get a free T-shirt.  Since it was the first day of the challenge there was a group of people meeting and we were going to do a hike with the Ranger. Kev and I started off with the group and then when they turned we went straight because he didn’t like the fact that they hiked so slow. As we got a little farther into the hike he was saying that his knee was hurting so bad and that he really didn’t feel like he could go any farther. So I kept going for another couple miles and then turned around and caught back up with him as we headed back to the car. He was hurting so bad it took him forever just to hike the little bit that he did to get back to the car. He decided he didn’t want to do the challenge with me because he couldn’t even hike a couple miles that day.






No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers