December 4, 2019 Mesa Regal Tournament

I was set to play my second tournament of the season again with Sue. She called me the morning of the tournament and told me that she was in so much pain she could barely walk. She had played the day before in mixed doubles and knowing how Sue plays I’m sure she played super hard. She has problems with her Achilles and they were killing her and she felt so bad she wasn’t going to be able to play. I told her that I was going to ask Sheila to play and see if we could still make changes to the bracket.  I got to the tournament early and checked with the director to see if it was ok if I change partners. She will let me know that she was going to be able to make it and the tournament director said it was going to be ok so we were set to play together. Sue still came to watch again feeling so bad that she couldn’t play but I was fine with it I didn’t want her to get hurt anymore than she was already hurting. It was crazy the way the tournament started out. Sheila and I played our first game and it was like we had never played pickleball before. We've played together in some round robins but not a whole lot and it had been a while since we even played together in one of those groups. So we lost our first match and then came back all the way through the losers bracket winning five more matches and going to the gold silver match and unfortunately we couldn’t pull it out but we ended up getting silver.

 A few  years ago the tournament director promised Kev and his partner a shot of fireball because they waited for a team that was running late to play in the tournament. We nicknamed her fireball Nancy. So since then she has always had fireball for the winning teams and she didn’t let us down this year.  We all had a shot on the medal stand.

 Sue still came to the tournament to watch Sheila and I play and was our biggest cheerleader. We even planned our outfit for the day so we had  matching skirts lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers