September 26 - 29, 2019 Girls Weekend

After playing Pickleball at Saddlebrook I headed south about 25 minutes to a house my friend Chag  from high school has.  She actually lives in Colorado but keeps a second home in Tucson.  All the girls from high school decided to go there this year for our girls trip.  Last year we had talked about going to Mexico but I said I couldn’t go cause I didn’t want to be so far from home since Alicia was due in a few weeks.  As it turned out Mexico fell through cause there were a lot of travel restrictions etc and everyone decided they didn’t want to leave the US.  So off to Chag’s house we went.
That first night we all just met up and had dinner, relaxed and talked about what the next couple days had in store for us.
Our first adventure the next day was to the Mission San Xavier del Bac.  It was founded back in 1692 and completed in 1797.  I love old architecture in churches and this one sure was pretty.






 They are in the middle of giving the church a facelift.  You can tell the difference between the two sides as far as the one they’ve already finished.

After the trip to the Mission we headed back into town and went to this little dive Mexican restaurant that Chag knew about.  Really delicious food and super yummy margaritas.





No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers