April 27 - 28, 2020 Up on the Rim

Kev and I decided to go up to the rim for the day and hang out. He wanted to see if there were any places available that we could rent space for a trailer.  He’s back on the “getting a new trailer” kick.  We have really missed ours since we got rid of it.  At first we didn’t think we would but having done tent camping the last few years we realized we do.  So we checked where spaces were available cause then we wouldn’t have to tow it up the hill if and when we get one. We also stopped so I could do one of my favorite hikes.  It’s funny cause a good portion of it runs right along the side the road but then the other side is the rim and it’s like being up on top of the world.  You can see for miles all the rolling hills and mountains and it’s just so pretty.  Kev pulled in the one parking lot and we set off to hike.  He said to let him know when we’re a mile in cause he thought he’d be able to do two miles.  His knee has been bothering him so he figured that would be enough.  We got about 1/2 mile in and he decided that was enough.  We decided he was going to go back to the truck and I was gonna keep walking and he was going to meet me at the last parking lot along the road. There are three different parking lots along the rim road so that people can get out and either hike the trail or see the pretty view. Well I kept walking and for some reason I thought there was another parking lot after the last parking lot and I went too far so when I got to the end of where I was walking Kev wasn’t there so I turned around and was walking back to the parking lot I thought he would be at and then he saw me while he was driving down the road I ended up doing a little over 3 miles which was a nice walk especially because I love that view.





 This was a painted rock that someone left right on the edge.  
Made me feel good seeing it. 
We had lunch and went fishing at Willow Springs.  No fish :(
 Kev fishing

 Me fishing.... lol

We decided to stay overnight and just slept in the back of the truck.  It was comfy but we got too hot. We thought it was gonna be colder so we layered all these blankets and Kev ended up throwing all his on me so I was double hot lol

Before we came home we stopped at Bear Canyon Lake and Kev wanted another try at fishing.  The thing about Bear Canyon is that you have to hike to the lake.  It’s a pretty steep hill but Kev said he’d just take his time.  It wasn’t bad going down but he was struggling going up, mainly cause he was hurting.  Again no fish, but still a good day out.  And the weather up there is definitely cooler then down here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

As of January 2009, I no longer have a job. It's not that I lost it, but after 26 1/2 years of working at the Post Office, I retired. According to everyone I know, I don't do anything all day, so I decided to start a blog. Now I can blog about what I don't do all day. I am married to Kevin, who is the most awesome husband I could ever have. It's because of him, that I do not go to work any more. I love that and I love him for that. Between the 2 of us we have 4 children. Hunter 31, Heather 29, Paul 28 and Alicia 26.

Blog Archive

Followers